11 October 2011

Highways and Byways

Oh how the time has flown by! I can not believe its been since July that I last posted. So much has happened in the last 3 months.

August 2011 - I took a diabetes education class (4 weeks) that was phenomenal. I learned so much throughout these few weeks and I am getting better blood sugar readings at home. Still need to work on diet and exercise, but I finally feel like I'm in control of the disease instead of the disease being in control of me.  During August, I also started back to school to finish my Masters Degree in Professional (Biblical) Counseling through Liberty University.

September 2011 - We began entertaining the idea of possibly merging with another church in the area.

October 2011 - We are still meeting with the other church with the possibility of merging. The area around the church is spiritually dark and economically poor. These people need the love, hope, and healing from Jesus. We are all missionaries and our job is to seek the least and the lost, no matter where they are at.

No longer can the church remain idle. People are not waking up on Sundays anymore and deciding to just go to church. We, the church, need to go to the people. Luke 14:23 states, "Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled." Jesus was telling us that we need to go to the people, not wait for them to come to us (the church building).

No comments: