13 August 2009

Mediate on Him

Dear Blog,

I have been thinking about creating one of you for some time now. As I have been musing it over, I think of all the things I can do with you. I can write about truth, life, ministry issues, husbands :) , children, encouragement... but now that I started, I don't know where to begin. And as I was thinking about the title for you, I had to look up the word muse. From Webster's Dictionary, musing (v) means to "become absorbed in thought; especially : to turn something over in the mind meditatively and often inconclusively." Yep! Thats me! I can do this for HOURS! Over the same topic! I end up wasting so much time mulling/musing about everything...what people said, what I said back, did I say the "right thing," did I say the "right thing in love," did I say truth the "right way?" Sometimes, I find it easier to "check out" for a while on Facebook...but, really, how will me playing Farmville, Farm Town, and Sorority Life on Facebook for hours effect a positive change in my life or bring encouragement to others???

In Phillipians 4:8-9, Paul stated, "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate (muse) on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."

Father,

I want to bring glory to You. Please help me clear out the junk in my life that I am consuming my time with so that I can be a better servant to You and others. Please help me to remember to muse on things that are good, just, holy, and pure and please filter my mind of the junk that does not fit this. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments: