27 April 2010

Battling the Bulge ~~ Week 1 ~~ 26 April - 1 May 2010

Arrgggg...whoever says weight loss is EASY...is either skinny or lying! Pick a plan, follow it, and exercise. Sounds simple enough, right? Should be easy enough, right? Don't know about you, but for me, it is HARD to pick a plan! I have read more diet books than you can imagine...Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach, 3-Hr Diet, Sonoma Diet, Reality Diet, Sugar Busters, Weigh Down, First Place, Heathly Heart Diet, Zone Diet...its enough to make my head spin! Picking a plan is just as hard as sticking to it!  Every one of them has pros and cons. I want the smorgasboard of plans!

I have decided to stick to a low carb diet...meaning I am cutting out flour, sugar, and starchy stuff (potatoes, rice, pasta). I have done this before and definitely feel better when I cut this stuff out. 

I plan to journal my eats because I need a place to write it down. 

Week 1 Day 1 - Monday, 26 April 2010
B - eggs with cheddar, coffee w/SF vanilla and cream
L - salad w/spring lettuce mix, spinach, tuna, black olives, 1/2 avocado, green onions, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, yellow/red peppers, handful nuts, italian dressing & pepperjack cheese
D - chicken w/fresh herbs, spinach
Dessert - low carb strawberry cobbler w/whipped cream

Week 1 Day 2 - Tuesday, 27 April 2010
B - eggs w/cheddar, coffee w/SF vanilla and cream
S - handful nuts
L - salad w/spring mix , tuna, black olives, tomatoes, green onions, 1/2 avocado, red/yellow peppers, cucumbers, italian dressing, pickled okra & pepperjack cheese
D - italian meatloaf w/lettuce and tomato salad
Dessert - low carb strawberry cobbler w/whipped cream

Week 1 Day 3 - Wednesday, 28 April 2010
B - eggs w/cheddar, coffee w/SF vanilla and cream
L - salad w/spring mix, tuna, black olives, 1/2 avocado, green onions, tomatoes, red/yellow peppers, handful nuts, picked okra, cucumbers, italian dressing & pepperjack on the side
D - BBQ pork and broccoli w/cheese
S - mozzerella w/pepperoni and tomato sauce
Dessert - handful 60% dark chocolate chips

Week 1 Day 4 - Thursday, 29 April 2010
B - eggs/w sausage, cheddar, onions, peppers, & coffee w/SF vanilla and cream
L - salad w/spring mix, tuna, black olives, 1/2 avocado, green onions, tomatoes, red/yellow peppers, handful nuts, cucumbers, italian dressing
S - pepperoni and cheese
D - chicken sauteed w/olive oil, cumin, chili powder, peppers, onions topped/ cheese and salsa
S - handful 60% dark chocolate chips

Week 1 Day 5 - Friday, 30 April 2010
B - eggs w/sausage, cheddar, onions, peppers & coffee w/cream
L - grilled chicken salad from Chick-Fil-A
S - handful mixed nuts

2 comments:

Emily :) said...

I will be praying for you Cindi! Your plan sounds way better than mine which is a Lean Cuisine frozen pizza and fiber bars!!! Love ya girl!

StLouisCeliac said...

Love your Blog btw- Just finished the Family of God one- LOVE THAT CHURCH!!!!
Loosing weight- a lifelong battle of mine. I lost over 40 lbs 18 months ago, but still have another 40 to go.
I started running, and haven't stopped. I run 2-3 miles 4-6 days a week. I also do p90x 1-2x's wk.
I eat whatever I want(gluten free) but in moderation. I finally chose the common sense diet...food is food. It's not my friend, or my comfort, or my support system, or my God...it's food,Just food, nothing else. No foods are off limits, or I will want them all the more. There r no good or bad foods- only good or bad choices- as determined by the Holy Spirit.
If I choose to eat at Maggianos- I clearly understand the next day I'll need to run an extra mile or so, and have soup for lunch, and a chk. salad for dinner.
I also chose to accept that as hard as I exercise i'm a sz10-12. That's ok- for now- my worth isn't determine by my jean size..PRAISE GOD!
I stay away from every chemical i can- w/ 1 exception(coke zero);(
I've also figured out if your stomach isn't burning b/c ur hungry- ur not really that hungry.
I stopped drinking my calories.
Really, I stopped eating for the wrong reasons, and started eating for the right ones.
This is my struggle, and what i've gleaned form it, I truly hope u find it helpful in some way.
I'm pullin for ya, girl. Standin in the gap for u!!!
I know you can do this!!!!
All things are possible for him who believes.... xoxo Nikol