30 November 2010

Here Am I...Send Me!

Wow..I can't believe it has been 6 months since I blogged last. Where has the time gone??? As I sit here writing, I feel a bit melancholy. As we are rocketing down the corridor into our next season of ministry, I find myself sometimes wanting to slow down for a while and breathe.
While I know our season at our current church is coming to a close, I wonder have we really had an impact on people for Christ? What kind of fruit have I been producing lately? Am I growing closer to the Father...or away from Him? Is it possible the Lord is really leading Dave and ME to start a new church?  What kind of impact have I had on people at work? at home? at church? with family?

I do not know the answer to many of these questions...so I ponder and do a bit (ok...a lot) of soul-searching.  As we slip into the last month of 2010 and welcome 2011....I look forward to the birth of a new year, the birth of a new church, and a birth of a new ministry.

All I know is this:  Isaiah 6:6-8 "Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: 'Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged.' Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: 'Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me.'" I too, heard the call and answered "Here I am, send me." 

No comments: