16 March 2011

How Big I'm Blessed

I find myself sitting at my desk getting irritated with my officemate's teleconference - the phone is turned up so loud and their voices are like fingernails on a chalk board - ear piercing! I am bored and ready to go home. In my line of work, its pretty much feast or famine...and right now we are in a famine period. All this means is there is not a lot of work right now and the monotnous watching the clock each day is driving me crazy.
  I have to chuckle, though because as I went to lunch today, this song played on the radio. Cowinkeydink, you think? Nope, not I. :)  I know the Lord knew what I needed to hear at the right time...to get me to quit whinin'.  In the song, Francesca Battistelli sings "in the midst of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed."  Yep! Its so easy to wallow in my own self pity, frustration, and discouragement. 

Colossians 3:12-17 "Therefore, as God's chosen people. holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

2 comments:

Emily :) said...

Great post! Love you!

Amber said...

That is one of my favs right now and I felt the same way when I first heard that song!!