03 March 2011

Birthday Cake with Icing & Sprinkles on Top

This post has been written on my heart for days, yet I am just now finding the time to write.  We had such an awesome day in the Lord last Sunday, and I can only describe it as your favorite cake with your favorite icing and LOTS of sprinkes on top!




If you can imagine along with me...

Sunday morning: What an awesome worship service we had. The Lord was definitely present and we had just such a sweet time as we came together in unity as Lifeblood...following along with the early church example in Acts 2:41-47.  This was like your most favorite cake that you have ever tasted...for me, it is a rich vanilla cake with a fresh lemon filling.

Sunday night: Dave & I went to Family of God church to present our church plant vision and ask for support from their church. This is the third time we have presented the vision to Family of God. We walked in to their church and the Holy Spirit was already there. We had an awesome time praising and worshipping our Lord with them. Dave shared our church plant vision. They even took up a love offering for us (for the church plant). We had no idea. This was like your most favorite icing on the cake. For me, its a fresh vanilla buttercream.

The sprinkles on top! God was not finished making our cake just yet. We would have been high and happy just off the cake and icing. But God is a God of details, and He wanted to pour on the sprinkes on top! During that night, at Family of God, one person rededicated her life to Christ, one person (who had never been there before) got saved, and one lady wants to come join us at Lifeblood to help grow the church! Wow! What an awesome praise!

We serve a God who is definitely in the details. Everything He does is extravagant.


(lest you think I made the cake in this photo, rest assured I did not. I found it on Google images...)

No comments: