01 June 2011

Whatnot Wednesday - Summertime!

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens

OMGoodness! Its Wednesday again already! I can't believe it! It only seems like Tuesday because of the holiday weekend last weekend.


--So, I am trying to use more coupons. I love getting a good deal and trying to match coupons with sales, but it seems like so many coupons are for processed foods and such that we just don't eat. So, usually the coupons I use are for yogurt, cheese, and cereal. So, I watched that hoarder  extreme couponing show the other night (to my husband's chagrin - "oh, no, anything but THAT show") because I just had to see what all the hubbub was about. I was amazed/disgusted at the same time. Seriously, you need 93 bags of croutons??? Now, for sure, these stores are staging some of this stuff because I can't believe that any store in its right mind would actually let people come in and use $800 worth of coupons.

--So, last night I made pasta sauce from scratch on the fly. My 20 yr old son (who will be 21 in a few days) was actually at home for dinner. As I was cooking, he told me he didn't know you could used canned tomatoes to make sauce...he thought it had to come out of a jar (Prego, Classico, etc) *yikes* He was amazed that I could take an onion, garlic, spices, canned tomatoes, and ground beef and make a sauce with it! To his future wife, I am truly sorry...looks like i need to give him some cooking lessons :)


--Happy Anniversary today to my parents! 43 years - what a legacy! Praying you have many more!

--We had an awesome weekend over Memorial Day. Saturday, I bought a new washing machine (cause mine died) and did laundry most of the day. Funny, I enjoyed doing the first few loads, but the *newness* & *excitement* quickly wore off. :) Sunday, we had a great worship and praise service. Dave decided not to preach on Sunday - we had a great time of worship, prayer, testimony. Monday, we took the boat out fishing, but didn't catch anything except a sunburn. Ouch!

--In an attempt to save money & eat at home more (again), I am going to restart blogging menu plans and recipes! Somehow, putting it out here for everyone to see helps keep me accountable!

3 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

I would love to use more coupons, but I'm like you--they are mostly for junk food!!!

Emily :) said...

Yep, I have the same problem. Most coupons are for junk food that I wouldn't normally buy anyway. I love that Shane didn't know you could cook from scratch. I would laugh, but I would've said the same thing just a few years ago. :)

Happy Anniversary to your parents! How awesome!

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents!!! That is so awesome! And I think I would be the same way with a new washer..."wow this things is neat!"..."Wait I am still doing laundry" =)