09 November 2009

They pay for THAT?????

HHmmmmm.....had an interesting and rather humerous conversation today at work. For those of you who don't know or who may actually care to know :), I work for a defense contractor. Anyway, we were discussing Hurricane Ida today and what kind of effects it would have in our area. Well, anyway, I was telling some friends that my hubby and our Pastor are in Pensacola, FL for a Florida Baptist Convention meeting and that they were talking about coming back tonight instead of tomorrow night because of the impending storm.

Now, for sure, everyone in my sphere of influence at work knows that I am a Christian and that my husband is a Pastor. Or so I thought... Anyway, one of the guys we were talking to asked me, "So what does your husband do?" To which I replied, "he is the Associate Pastor at our church." To which he replied, with a rather incredulous look on his face, "they pay for THAT?!?!?!?!?!!?"

No comments: