25 November 2009

What are You Thankful For?

I've been dealing with some frustration and discouragement lately, so I decided to make a list of the things that I am thankful. Psalm 100:4, "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name."

1) My Jesus, who died on the cross for MY sins and was resurrected. While I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me.



2) My husband. I know I get frustrated with him sometimes, but I thank God for him and the awesome work God has done in his heart and life. Lord, please remind me that he is still a work in progress as I am and that he needs grace too, as I do.


3) My son. Thank you Lord, for giving me such a sweet son. I am so grateful that he is not out stirring up trouble. I am grateful that he feels he can talk to us about important stuff.


4) Our dog. Thank you for Jake, that he loves us

5) My family. Lord, please help me to remember to pray for Missy and Paul and my parents.


6) Dave’s family. Thank you that they are supportive of our craziness.


7) The IRS issues being resolved. Thank you that we finally got our money.


8) My ability to attend school. Thank you that You are providing me a way to pay for my masters degree.


9) My job. Thank you that You continue to provide for us through my work.


10) My friends. Thank you for my friends that I can trust. To tell me the good, bad, and ugly.


11) For ministry opportunities. Thank you for providing me opportunities to share Christ with others and to pour out into their lives.


12) Our past. I am not thankful for the things we did, but I am thankful for You having your hand on us through those dark years.


13) I know I am supposed to be thankful for the rough times, but I am having trouble being thankful for some of them. Please help me in this area.






1 comment:

Emily :) said...

Thanks for sharing this Cindi. I am struggling with this same thing and I need to sit down and make my own list! Hopefully in a few years the things that you are discouraged about now will be the things that you are listing as the "past" that got you where you are! Love ya and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!