20 February 2011

The "P" Word

Perfect. Perfection. Perfectionism. Perfectionist. That describes me to a "P"! Not that I am perfect in any way, mind you, but that I (in my mind) think that I should be...All -or- nothing. No middle ground. Pass/Fail. What do I put that kind of pressure on myself? I do know that I am not alone in this mindset. Ever Read Proverbs 31 and think "there is NO WAY I can live up to this!!!"  I have.  Ever hear list of "DOs and DON'Ts" for Christians" and think there is NO WAY I can live up to this! I have. Read a list of "DOs and DONTs" Especially for Pastor's Wives Edition" and think there is NO WAY I can live up to this!!! Yep, me again.


Chained. Bound. Bondage. In bondage to sin, due to my poor choices, my wicked heart, and the enemy. What I was before I met Jesus.  Hollow, empty, condemned already. God looked down from Heaven at me and loved me anyway...wow. Jesus took that sin on Him, and nailed it to the cross. So I can be free...all I have to do is repent of my sin, and turn to Christ...trust Him, not me. Die to myself daily, pick up my cross, and follow Him. He promises that if I give Him my burdens, that He will give me His. My burdens are heavy, but His are light. Seems simple, right? So easy, yet so hard.

Free. Freedom. Free in Christ. Liberty. Christ came to set the captives free...that was me. I can celebrate because of His grace and mercy...even though I didn't deserve it, earn it, or want it while still in my condemned state.  Thank you Jesus for saving my soul, setting me free. Even though I  stumble and fall, I pick myself up again and continue the race. I am free!

No comments: