08 April 2011

Saving Money :)

So, I love reading blogs on how people save money at the grocery store and how they find all these great coupons on the internet. One really cool blog I read is couponing & budgeting. This blog has links to some other really good webpages, too. This woman went through some really awful times at an old church - serious spiritual abuse stuff - but that is another blog.

So, that said, I found lots and lots of coupons on the internet at Red Plum, Smart Source, Coupons.com. There were even some blogs I found where you can get coupons, but you have to buy them (doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of a coupon???) I'll stick to the free ones. I really like the idea of using multiple coupons for one item (manufacturer's coupon, store coupon, and store sale). This week my great deal is Cascadian Farms (any items) are 2/$4 at Publix. I also have 2 store coupons for $1off each, a manufacturer coupon for $1 off and $.75 off. So, for $4, I'll only spend 25cents!

So, couponing and menu planning go hand in hand, here is this week's menu.....Cause I just know everyone is just dying to know :)

Saturday - Chicken Cordon Bleu, rice w/mushrooms, and green beans
Sunday - Spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread
Monday - fish, rice, vege of some sort
Tuesday - chicken w/tomatoes, onions, and olives (for me) and pasta
Wednesday - sausage and potatoes/onions/peppers
Thursday - pork chops, mac n cheese, and vege of some sort
Friday - OUT

I am just starting to get the hang of this couponing stuff...Publix has boneless skinless chicken for $1.99/lb too.

-------------------------------------
Just wanted to add an update:

I didn't really realize that couponing and planning from coupons was so time consuming. But, it paid off as I got:

Winn Dixie - $158 of groceries for $78
Publix - $46 of groceries for $22

Next week's goal: eat the pantry & fridge

1 comment:

Amber said...

Aww I love those blogs too, thanks for the new ones. This has been something I have been trying to do too!! Hopefully we will have some luck too =)