06 April 2011

Whatnot Wednesday

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens

OK, so I totally stole borrowed this idea from Emily...but this seems like a cool idea. Whatnot Wednesday...gotta be better than a
Melancholy Monday :). From my understanding, this is the place where you just put out whatever is on your brain at the moment...like a purging session. Uh, yeah, that could be scary. Well, let's see...

**I never knew how hard it would be to have a church service in the park...and I don't mean by the church members (cause they all rock, and are excited about this!) I mean by the bureaucratic mess that we have to go through to be able to do this fun event. Applications/permit, meeting/park walk through, approval by a committee, $100 refundable deposit (at least we get it back)...the list goes on. Seriously? What happened to the days when you could just set up a couple of chairs, lay out a picnic basket, and go at it??? Hrumph. I am so rolling my eyes right now.

**On a more better note, just got a call from my hubby, who told me to say "I have no faith, and you (hubby) are always right." Um, yeah, not sure I want to...But, I decided to play along. See, yesterday we were ministering to a lady, who is struggling to pay her bills and her power bill is due like several weeks ago. She is working hard & trying, but just having a rough time of it right now. We have known this since last Friday, and Dave told her to keep trusting in the Lord, that He will provide. Dave made phone calls yesterday and tried to tap into resources. She is trying to make as many tips between now and this Friday. Well, Dave just called me to say that someone just donated $110 towards her powerbill. The remaining balance is roughly $80. Its really cool to see the Lord provide for people. Can't wait to tell her! I totally LOVE this part of ministry.

**My hubby said I looked at him with "Holy Spirit" eyes yesterday. :)

**Can't decide if I like Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper better...Both are really good in their own right. But, I think Coke Zero wins.

**Just received a recipe in my inbox for mini broccoli fritattas...my first gut reaction was, uck...until I read the recipe and saw it has butter, bacon, and cheese in it. Mmmm...may have to try this afterall.

**New favorite fruit? Red grapes...tastes like chewy sweet tarts.

**Love that Shane is finally going to a Prom (two years after he graduated) with his girlfriend. Hope they have a good time. Will definitely post pics.

**For dinner tonight; Rachael Ray recipe Parmesan Chicken with Tomato and Basil & Roasted Potatoes. Bought everything for it during grocery shopping last Saturday. Except, forgot the shredded parmesan. :/ So, off to Publix I go, cause even though I try to only go shopping once a week, it never works out that way.

**Is it just me, or does everyone else's onions and potatoes seem to get old too fast? Seems like I am throwing away a rediculous amount of Os and Ps.

**Wow, half my post is about food of some sort...

Well, all the randomness has fallen out of my brain for the moment. Thanks, Emily, for letting me know about the brain dump. :)

3 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

thanks for linking up! I wanna see pictures of those Holy Spirit eyes!

Lori said...

I'm with Elizabeth! I'm curious about the Holy Spirit eyes as well!! And my vote would have to go to Diet Coke - I can't abide either of the other two:) So glad you linked up!

Emily :) said...

Ooh girl, I'm wondering about the Holy Ghost eyes too! :)

I am totally with you on throwing out the potatoes. What's up with that? I don't know that I've tried Coke Zero but I was just wondering today what the difference is between it and Diet Coke. Do you know?

So exciting to hear the awesome ways God is using y'all! So glad you linked up. :)